Nuvera is a well-established regional communications company, with headquarters in New Ulm, MN, that provides Internet, Digital TV, Voice, Wireless, Managed Cloud, Outsourced IT and Computer/Communication Sales and Service. Nuvera has customer solution centers in the Minnesota communities of New Ulm, Glencoe, Goodhue, Hutchinson, Litchfield, Redwood Falls, Prior Lake, Sleepy Eye and Springfield as well as Aurelia Iowa.
A Construction Technician is responsible for all aspects of construction/maintenance of outside aerial and buried cable facilities. Installation and maintenance of underground facilities which can include, copper cable, fiber optic cable and conduit. Installation and maintenance in both new and in restoration efforts, using plowing and digging equipment.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Installation, maintenance, and construction duties of underground facilities
- Job planning/coordinating
- Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance of equipment
- Accurate documentation of construction work performed
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license and valid CDL with Air Brake Endorsement or ability to obtain one within a 6-month period
- 1-year heavy equipment operation
- 2 years’ construction work experience
- Desired experience in telephony, mechanical and mapping
Apply by December 1, 2021.
Please be aware you will be redirected to our Paycom site to complete your application.
Nuvera is an EOE