Nuvera Communications is a leading Minnesota broadband provider headquartered in New Ulm, MN. Nuvera’s state-of-the-art fiber network provides reliable and affordable residential internet service through both fiber-to-the neighborhoods and newly expanding Gig-speed fiber-to-the-home services. Nuvera also provides business services including fiber internet, voice, hosting, and managed services. Nuvera has customer solution centers in the Minnesota communities of New Ulm, Glencoe, Goodhue, Hutchinson, Litchfield, Redwood Falls, Prior Lake, Sleepy Eye, and Springfield as well as Aurelia Iowa.
A Construction Technician will assist in all aspects of construction/maintenance of outside aerial and buried cable facilities. Installation and maintenance of underground facilities which can include copper cable, fiber optic cable, and conduit. Installation and maintenance in both new and restoration efforts, using plowing and digging equipment.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and construction duties of underground facilities
- Ability to use a variety of construction equipment to complete installations, such as backhoes, hydro-vac, directional drills, trenchers, cable plows, digger derricks, or bucket trucks
- Understand staking sheets and maps
- Accurate documentation of construction work performed, and materials used
- Performing pre-operational checks of equipment as well as basic maintenance of equipment
- Minimal travel required
The following skills and experience are preferred:
- High School Diploma
- Valid Driver’s license and valid CDL with Air Brake Endorsement or ability to obtain one within a 6-month period
- 2-years construction work experience, including experience with heavy equipment operation
- Desired experience in telecommunications, mapping, and cable locating
Apply by June 13, 2022.
Please be aware you will be redirected to our Paycom site to complete your application.
Nuvera is an EOE