Nuvera is a well-established regional communications company, with headquarters in New Ulm, MN, that provides Internet, Digital TV, Voice, Wireless, Managed Cloud, Outsourced IT and Computer/Communication Sales and Service. Nuvera has customer solution centers in the Minnesota communities of New Ulm, Glencoe, Goodhue, Hutchinson, Litchfield, Redwood Falls, Prior Lake, Sleepy Eye and Springfield as well as Aurelia Iowa.
A Network Services Technician is responsible for overall maintenance and operation of our fiber and copper access gear. The ideal candidate is someone who believes in building robust and resilient networks, enjoys working in both outside and inside environments and is dedicated to learning fiber to the home, DSL, layer 2 and 3 network technologies. The overall impact of this position is to provide a resilient network that provides quality services to our customers.
The position will include:
- Installation and maintenance of our local access equipment and networks. These networks include the following technologies; FTTH (Fiber to the Home), DSL services, and Fixed Wireless.
- Installation and maintenance of our SONET networks and mux equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of 48-volt DC power systems, including rectifiers, invertors and span power.
- Provide support to FST’s (Field Service Technicians) and Tech Support teams when needed.
- Routine preventative maintenance
- On-call duties
The following skills and experience are preferred but not required:
- 2-year degree (Telecom, IT or Electrical)
- 4-years relevant Telecom, IT or Electrical experience
- Experience with the following local access and SONET gear; Calix E-series and B-series, Adtran, Cambium, Cisco 15454, Allied Telesis, and Fujitsu
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by October 10, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nuvera is an EOE.