NEW ULM, MN – August 31, 2020 – Nuvera recently hosted a fiber launch to celebrate a fiber overbuild in rural New Ulm that is near completion. The overbuild was made possible in part by a state Border-to-Border grant from the Minnesota State Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). The grant covers roughly 35 percent of the 1.1 million dollar project, with the remaining 65 percent provided by Nuvera. The project brings fiber broadband service to 128 unserved households, farms and businesses.
Nuvera is committed to extending its network and bringing reliable, affordable broadband services to its customers. As a result of the fiber upgrade, customers can now access up to a Gigabit speeds, which exceeds 2026 state speed goals. Nuvera received two of the 30 grants awarded in 2020 for broadband development across the state and is in the process of applying for several 2021 grants.
The event was held at Guggisberg Tree Farm, which is located in the overbuild area. Pictured are Nuvera staff, Marie Guggisberg and MN DEED, Finley Engineering and legislative representatives.