NEW ULM, MN – September 22, 2020 – Nuvera recently hosted a fiber launch to celebrate a fiber overbuild in rural Hutchinson that is near completion. The overbuild was made possible in part by a 2019 state Border-to-Border grant from the Minnesota State Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). The grant covers roughly 38 percent of the $910,704 project, with the remaining 62 percent provided by Nuvera. The project brings fiber broadband service to 109 unserved households, farms and businesses.
Nuvera is committed to extending its network and bringing reliable, affordable broadband services to its customers. As a result of the fiber upgrade, customers can now access up to a Gigabit speeds, which exceeds 2026 state speed goals. Nuvera received two of the 30 grants awarded in 2020 for broadband development across the state and is in the process of applying for multiple 2021 grants.
The event was held at the home of Bruce Schlueter, which is located in the overbuild area. Pictured are (l-r) Kathy Lund, Nuvera; Brent Christensen, Minnesota Telecom Alliance; Monty Morrow, Nuvera; Glenn Zerbe, Nuvera; Barb Bornhoft, Nuvera; Diane Wells, DEED; MN Rep. Dean Urdahl; Bruce Schlueter; MN Sen. Scott Newman; and (holding the sign) Cal Lee, Nuvera.