Nuvera’s $10 million infrastructure project aims to meet growing demand
Litchfield, Minnesota (July 18, 2023) –Nuvera Communications, Inc. (OTC: NUVR) a diversified communications company, is expanding active construction across Litchfield for its Nuvera Gig City infrastructure project.
Nuvera’s infrastructure investment in Litchfield is estimated at around $10 million dollars. The company expects to reach 4,000 Litchfield customers by the fall.
“The majority of Nuvera’s new customers are signing up for our fastest speeds and that’s a reflection of how important fiber connections are becoming for everyday lives,” said Glenn Zerbe, Chief Executive Officer, Nuvera Communications. “Just like roads and bridges, technology infrastructure investments can transform a community. Nuvera’s work in Litchfield paves the way for fast, reliable connections now and for decades to come.”
Nuvera crews are currently working across the community to install main fiber lines and connect fiber directly to customer’s homes. Crews are active along Highway 22 and around Lake Ripley.
Nuvera Gig City Neighborhood Construction Information
- Construction work markings: Nuvera will be placing main fiber lines throughout the community and connecting service directly to existing customers’ homes. Nuvera will mark rights-of-way areas where work is occurring with flags or paint. This indicates where fiber lines will be placed. All flags and markings will be removed once work is complete.
- Restoration of property: Once construction is complete, restoration of property is a key priority for Nuvera. Restoration happens as a two-step process:
- Step one: Ensure the construction area is safe, by filling holes with sand. This allows time for settling before final restoration.
- Step two: Work crews return and complete the site restoration after construction is complete. The final restoration includes filling the impacted areas with black dirt/topsoil and grass seed.
- Service to customers: All existing Nuvera customers will migrate to the new fiber network. Nuvera is communicating directly with customers on steps we’re taking to connect the fiber network to their home.
- New customers must sign up for Nuvera presale service now to be included in the build plan and to secure the placement of fiber facilities at no charge. Just enter your address in the interactive map on com and follow the prompts to sign up for presale service.
Nuvera Communications is a leading Minnesota broadband provider headquartered in New Ulm, Minnesota. Nuvera’s state-the-art fiber network provides reliable and affordable residential internet service through both fiber-to-the neighborhood and newly expanding Gig-speed fiber-to-the-home services. Nuvera also provides business services including fiber internet, voice, hosting and managed services. Nuvera serves residents and businesses in New Ulm, Glencoe, Goodhue,Hutchinson, Litchfield, Prior Lake, Redwood Falls, Elko New Market, Savage, Sleepy Eye, Springfield and surrounding communities. Nuvera also serves customers in Aurelia, Iowa. Nuvera is a Fiber Minnesota partner which cooperatively enables connectivity for multi-location business customer locations, wireless towers and network connectively to major internet connection transport points. Nuvera Communications, Inc., is a publicly held corporation. For more information about Nuvera or to purchase stock, visit http://www.nuvera.net/investors