Digital Millenium Copyright Act
Nuvera Communications, Inc. (“Nuvera”) complies with the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). Additional information can be found at: http://www.loc.gov/copyright/legislation/dmca.pdf.
In accordance with the DMCA, 17 USC § 512(3), Nuvera has filed with the United States Copyright Office the necessary designated agent information to facilitate notice to Nuvera of alleged online copyright infringement on Nuvera’s network. Nuvera’s Designated Agent for notification of alleged copyright infringement and counter notification is as follows:
Nuvera Copyright Team
Nuvera Communications, Inc.
27 N. Minnesota St.
Repeat Infringer Policy
Nuvera complies with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of 1998 (“Act”). As required by the Act, we have adopted a policy to address broadband accounts involved in repeated copyright infringement. Our repeat infringer policy follows:
If we receive more than 3 copyright infringement notices within a 60-day period regarding a broadband account, we will suspend that broadband account’s service for 30 days;
If we receive another copyright infringement notice regarding that same broadband account within 60 days of service suspension, we will terminate that broadband account’s service for 6 months; and,
If we receive another copyright infringement notice regarding that same broadband account, we will permanently terminate service to that broadband account.
Nuvera accommodates and does not interfere with standard technical measures to identify and protect copyrighted works, subject to the limitations of the Act.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is DMCA?
- I received a notice from Nuvera, saying that my Internet connection was used to download infringing material. What should I do now?
- I did not download the infringing content described in this notice. Why did I receive this notice?
- I didn’t know I was uploading copyrighted files. What now?
- The IP address on the notice does not match my current IP address. Have I received this notice in error?
- My ISP disabled my Internet connection because of these notices. What should I do?
- Am I being sued?